CORE Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental and Employee Basic Life Insurance)
Effective for 2016 Plan Year Coverage:
- OSU employer contribution is 95% of the premium cost for the plan and enrollment tier you select.
- Classified employees enrolled in the least costly plan in the county in which they work or live: OSU employer contribution is 97%.
- Employee contribution is 5% of the premium cost for the plan and enrollment tier you select.
- Classified employees enrolled the least costly plan in the county in which they work or live: Employee contribution is 3%.
- If your base* monthly salary rate is less than or equal to $2,885 (effective 12/1/2014), OSU will pay an additional monthly premium subsidy of $40 toward your premium costs. The monthly subsidy will stop if your base salary later increases above $2,885 per month. *Base salary rate is determined by the Salary Schedule Salary Range/Step and is the full-time equivalent. Differentials, Overtime, etc. do not factor into the base.
- Part-time Classified Employees at .75 FTE or above receive an employer contribution of 95% of the premium cost for the plan and enrollment tier selected in a Full-time Plan. The employee's contribution is 5%. If the employee enrolls in the least costly plan in the county in which they work or live the employee contribution is 3% and the employer contribution is 97%.
- Part-time Classified Employees between .50 - .74 FTE receive a pro-rated employer contribution based on the number of hours worked or in a paid leave status during the pay period. Part-time employees must pay the difference between their benefit amount and the cost of the premiums for their choice of medical and dental plans. Part-time employees may be eligible for a premium subsidy based on the medical plan enrollment.
Estimate your total Monthly premium costs:
- PEBB Payroll Deduction Estimator - select your plans and answer a couple of questions and the calculator will calculate your monthly premium cost for you.
Cost Containment Programs – Tobacco & Other Group Coverage
If you enroll in a Medical plan, you must also select your participation status in PEBB’s Cost Containment Programs. You may be assessed additional monthly surcharges based on your participation status.
Tobacco Use– you will be assessed a monthly surcharge based on your and/or your enrolled spouse/domestic partner’s tobacco use.
- If you or your spouse/domestic partner use tobacco, the surcharge is $25 per month
- If both you and your spouse/domestic partner use tobacco, the surcharge is $50 per month
- For additional information on the Tobacco Use Program
Spouse/Domestic Partner Other Non-PEBB Employer Coverage – If your enrolled spouse/domestic partner has other employer group coverage available and does NOT enroll in that coverage, you will be assessed $50 per month.
- If your spouse/domestic partner does not have access to employer coverage, there is no surcharge
- If your spouse/domestic partner enrolls in their employer plan, there is no surcharge
- If your spouse/domestic partner has access to other PEBB employer coverage and enrolls, opts out or declines, there is no surcharge
- Other Employer Group Coverage does NOT include: Social Security, TRICARE, student insurance, individual coverage
- For additional information on the Spouse/Domestic Partner Waives Other Coverage Program