The following information is designed to assist you with the workers’ compensation process.
- Train all your employees of their obligation to notify you immediately of any injuries or illnesses that arise out of their employment and occur during the course and scope of their employment with the University. Confirm no hazardous conditions exist.
- Complete an OSU Report of Accident Form for any injuries, illnesses or incidents on campus and fax to the Office of Human Resources at 541-737-0553 within 24 hours of the incident.
- If the employee’s incident resulted in the need for medical treatment, have the employee complete the worker section of the SAIF 801 Form, then complete the employer section of the form. Fax the completed 801 to the Office of Human Resources at 541-737-0553 within 24 hours of the incident. If the employee is not available to complete the worker section of the 801, complete the employer section, along with as much information as is known in the worker section and fax the form to the Office of Human Resources within 24 hours of the incident.
- Before the employee seeks medical attention, notify the employee that they will need to provide written authorization from their doctor to document their return-to-work status. Provide them with the Employee Status Report Form for detailed documentation on their return-to-work status.
- If the employee is released to regular work (no restrictions), provide a copy of the release to the Office of Human Resources for the workers’ compensation file.
- If the employee is released to work with restrictions, provide a copy of the release to the Office of Human Resources for the workers’ compensation file, and work with the Office of Human Resources to determine transitional work availability for the Early Return to Work Program.
- If the employee is not released to any form of work or if there is no transitional work available to meet the employee’s current restrictions, maintain weekly contact with the employee to confirm if any change in status has occurred. Update HR when any changes occur.
- HR may request additional assistance documenting physical requirements, assist with completion in an accurate and timely manner.
Contact an Employee Benefits Staff Member.