Workers’ Compensation Insurance provides benefits for workers who are injured or suffer an occupational disease as a result of their work.

Employees How to Report an Accident

How to file a claim or report a workplace injury or illness for injured employees.

Managers/Supervisors Filing a Claim

Information for managers/supervisors and HR contacts on accident reporting requirements and workers' compensation claims process.

Workers' Compensation FAQ's

Including who reports on-the-job injuries and illnesses, filing a claim, medical treatment, time loss benefit, definitions of terms and more.

Accident Reporting Process

Diagram showing the process for reporting of an accident.

Mandatory Workers’ Compensation Posting Notices

Workers’ Compensation Posting Notices for states outside of Oregon where OSU employees work.

Legal Requirements

All Oregon employers must carry workers' compensation insurance or be self-insured. The Oregon University System is insured through SAIF Corporation. The state legislature determines who qualifies for benefits and at what level. For more information regarding workers' compensation regulation, visit the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services.

Who is covered?
Employees of the University whose injury or illness arises during the course and scope of their employment with the University. The definition of "employee" includes:

  • Classified Staff
  • Unclassified Faculty
  • Student Employees
  • Employees of the OUS may be covered under certain circumstances

Who is not covered?
Individuals that are not employees of the University. For example:

  • Volunteers and visitors. These individuals may be covered by other policies not workers’ compensation. For additional information, contact the Office of Risk Management at 541-737-4957
  • Outside agencies, contractors, vendors and their employees. These individuals are not employees of the University and need to seek benefits from their employers should they become injured.