Session I - September 28 8-12 - Ready, Set, Grow
Session II - October 10, 8-4:30 - 10,000 Moments-to-Action & Vision Connections
Session III - November 2, 8-4:30 - Inspire & Soft Power
Session IV - November 28, 8-4:30 - Smart Power & En-Able
Session V - December 18, 8-4:30 - Job Enrichment & Model
Session VI - January 11, 8-4:30 - Encourage, Challenge & Leadership Behaviors
Advice from Previous Participants
How to Get the Most out of the Leadership Collaborative
- Find connections within yourself
- Commit time and energy
- Meet with your supervisor in-between sessions
- Be open to not knowing. It’s okay
- Do your homework – start it in the first week, not the last week.
- Include your boss during the breaks in the sessions
- Ask for clarification, examples, etc. But sometimes, just dive in and try even if you don’t understand 100%
- Turn to team members between classes
- Don’t overthink it
- Give your supervisor your RRD
- Even if it isn’t a part of your Action Plan, if an opportunity arises, try to apply your skills
What to Expect as a Leadership Collaborative Participant
- Fun! Especially with your Learning Teams
- What you learn will quickly become usable
- You will be overwhelmed – embrace it!
- Make time to do assignments – enforce it for yourselves and others.
- Some, a lot, great confusion
- You WILL make it!
- Opportunities to use the skills will arise organically
- Discomfort and rewards and insight