Two voluntary retirement savings plans offer a way to increase your retirement income through regular, planned investing. You determine how much to save each month based on a percentage of your gross salary. Monthly contributions are made to your account through payroll deduction and can be made on either a pre-tax or post-tax basis.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – DISCLAIMER
The information on this website and in the OUS TDI Guide is intended to assist in the administration of the plan, and it includes a summary of common TDI Plan provisions. To obtain additional information about the Plan, talk to your campus’ Benefits Officer for specific assistance.
In case of conflict between this website or guide and the official plan documents of the TDI and Oregon state law, the official plan documents, Oregon state law, and federal regulations will govern.
Eligibility to Participate
- Available to all classified and unclassified OUS (Oregon University System) employees
- Student employees are not eligible
- TDI (Tax-Deferred Investment 403(b) Plan). Participants manage their accounts and can invest with Fidelity or TIAA-CREF. Choose between mutual funds and annuity products. Plans include pre-tax and post-tax Roth accounts. More Information
- OSGP (Oregon Savings Growth 457 Plan). This is a pre-tax deferred compensation account that is managed for you by the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). More Information
- You can participate in the TDI, OSGP or both plans
- Monthly limits
- Minimum of 1% of gross salary or $25 per month
- Maximum of 85% of gross salary, remember to leave enough gross salary to cover taxes and optional deductions
- Yearly limits
- Maximum contributions up to the IRS limit for the calendar year. Maximum contribution amounts are found on the enrollment forms and are based on age (under 50 or 50+).
- Maximum contributions are considered separately for the TDI and OSGP plans. You can contribute the IRS maximum to both the TDI and OSGP if you participate in both plans.
Changes During the Year
- Changes include: start or stop contributions, increase or decrease contribution amount, change vendor
- Changes can be made during the year by completing a new enrollment form
- There is no waiting period
- Enroll at any time during the year by completing the applicable enrollment form
- Enroll in a TDI plan
- Effective date: if the form is received by the 10th of the month, it will be effective that month
- Enrollment is a two step process
- Create an account online with the vendor you have selected to invest with (Fidelity or TIAA-CREF)
- Complete the Salary Reduction Agreement Form and return to Employee Benefits
- Campus mail: 204 Kerr Administration Building
- US Mail: 122 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, OR 97331-2132
- Enroll in the OSGP plan
- Effective date is the month after OSGP receives the enrollment/change form
- To enroll complete and mail enrollment forms directly to OSGP