To ensure eligible and qualified students are selected for student employment opportunities.
All OSU departments.
- The Hiring Department receives and monitors applications for completeness. If applications are incomplete, the applicants should be notified and provided an opportunity to submit a full application before the closing date.
- Establish screening criteria to use when assessing the strengths of each student.
- Screen the applications and select only the ones that meet the minimum qualifications as described in the job description. You may want to separate applicants into categories, such as:
Minimally qualified applicants.
- Highly qualified applicants.
- Select the best applicants for interviews.
- Determine if the applicants selected for interviews are eligible for the type of student employment (work study v. regular) being offered.
- Proceed to the interviewing step in STU EMP 504-03: Interviewing.