Information and resources regarding cost reimbursement and funds is located in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures website.
As a supervisor, what flexible staffing strategies can I offer my employees that want to participate in professional development?
Flexibility to accommodate employee participation in professional development is dependent on:
- Classified employee’s bargaining contact language (SEIU Article 61 Contract)
- Staffing coverage.
- Unit/department workflow interruption.
- Supervisor or administrative approval.
Strategies may include:
- Providing work release time.
- Arranging for flexible or alternative work schedules.
- Arranging for coverage by other employees/supervisor.
- Arranging for professional development to be after-hours.
- Using accrued and available vacation leave or comp time.
- Taking leave without pay (OAR 580-021-0029 - Career Development Leave)
For guidance regarding staffing strategies, contact: