Review the Starting Out website to familiarize yourself with the extensive support network available to you at OSU!
On Your First Day:
Complete New Hire and Payroll forms. Meet with your Business Center Human Resources Consultant to complete your new hire paperwork and orientation. Please bring the completed forms to your meeting:
Benefit Eligible Employees:
Within 30 days of your start/hire date, enroll for health insurance benefits online through PEBB.Benefits. Enrollment must be completed within 30 days of your start/hire date. Benefits are generally effective the first of the month after your eligibility date and completion of the enrollment process.
- Activate your ONID (Oregon State Network Identification) computer account. The ONID account authorizes your access to critical University services, including our timekeeping system (EmpCenter). It is also a free email service for employees and students. To learn more about your ONID account and to register, visit the ONID website.
- Visit MyOSU. MyOSU is an information portal where you can update much of your personal information, including:
- Update or change your “Employee Email” if necessary
- Update or change your Emergency Contacts
- Update your Personal Demographic Information
- Print your pay stub
- Access Technology: Check with your supervisor to determine if you need to request access to OSU Administrative Data Systems, including Banner, Data Warehouse or Nolij, then please visit their website for more information.
- Complete your demographic information: With your activated ONID, login to http://myOSU.oregonstate.edu Once you’ve logged in, select the Employee page, and in the ‘My Employment Details’ box complete the forms under ‘Update Ethnicity, Race or Veteran Status’ and ‘Disability Status’.
Obtain your University ID card
The University ID card is the official identification card for employees and students. The ID card functions as an access card, meal card, library card, and more. Note: You must provide the ID center a copy of your “welcome letter”. If you haven’t received your welcome letter by the time you start, please contact your business center HR.
- Corvallis campus ID Center is located in the Memorial Union, Room 103. For additional information, visit the OSU ID Center’s website.
- OSU-Cascades campus ID Center is located in the Residence Hall mailroom located on the first floor. For additional information, visit the OSU-Cascades ID Cards website.
Get building key card access
Check with your supervisor to ensure you have all necessary keys and any required card access to buildings.
Time and Attendance:
Empcenter is OSU’s online timekeeping system. MyTime is OSU’s helpful website that has training videos on how you should record your time. Both can be accessed on the MyTime website. If you are unsure about which employee category pertains to you, please contact your supervisor or your Business Center Human Resources.
Orientation and Training:
Attend a campus-wide New Employee Orientation & Training session which is offered monthly by the Office of Human Resources in Corvallis. Dates, times, location is located on the website. Registration is not required. Work with your supervisor/department to schedule your attendance. Topics covered include:
- Morning Orientation Session provides the "big picture" of OSU including organizational structure and its mission and values; an overview of the terms and conditions of your employment; and an overview of your health and retirement benefits.
- Afternoon Training Session provides training of the following topics: Ombuds Services; Sexual Harassment; Mandatory Reporter Training; Workers’ Compensation; and Safety.
Your business center serves the financial, accounting, human resources, and administrative needs of your college and/or department/unit. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Again, Welcome to OSU!