Toolkit for OSU Managers & Supervisors
Utilizing LinkedIn Learning: For Managers & Supervisors
LinkedIn Learning provides easy access to training materials for you and your team. While OSU has many other training resources and materials, these are on-demand, universally available resources that may be customized to your organization or team.
Sections in this Toolkit include:
- Talking Points and Guidance for Managers and Supervisors
- Recommended Courses for Managers & Supervisors
- FAQs and Resources for Managers & Supervisors
We've prepared some talking points to help you get started with talking about LinkedIn Learning with your employees
We've also prepared some guidance as you discuss professional development with your employees!
We’ve compiled a small sampling of recommended courses to get you started and assist, in your role as Manager or Supervisor, in utilizing LinkedIn Learning with your teams. Let’s get started!
- Managing Teams (1 hour 11 minutes)
- Communication Within Teams (44 minutes)
- Leading Your Team Through Change (21 minutes)
- Inclusive Leadership (1 hour)
- Leading at a Distance (36 minutes)
- Coaching and Developing Employees (54 minutes)
- Setting Team and Employee Goals Using SMART Technology (55 minutes)
- Coaching Skills for Managers and Leaders (34 minutes)
Are you interested in...
- Leveraging LinkedIn Learning at a team-building or retreat?
- Sneaking micro-learning into your meetings or messages?
- Curating training collections for new-hires?
- Setting up monthly learning challenges?
We can help! Reach out to [email protected] - let's talk about ideas for how to leverage LinkedIn Learning!
Frequently Asked Questions
LinkedIn Learning provides an extensive library of online training courses that can be used for a variety of development needs and goals.
Courses can be suggested or assigned to employees:
- in response to learning goals that emerge from development discussions
- to support new assignments that require new information and skills
- to support onboarding
- to level-set knowledge and skills across the team
- to support individual career interests
- to develop new technical skills or keep technical skills up to date
- to support job-related training that is offered internally
During COVID-19, LinkedIn Learning courses and resources can support a variety of learning needs that respond to current personal and professional challenges in responding to the pandemic.
- Check out the COVID-19 Learning Collections we created for the OSU community!
- Access templates and courses to better serve you in your everyday role as a manager or supervisor.
- Gain guidance and learning paths specific to professional development for Managers and Supervisors.
- Access tools to create employee-centered engagement in ongoing performance discussions and the performance review process.
We recommend that employees and supervisors have frequent discussions around career development and establish expectations around participation in professional development opportunities. See our Talking Points and Guidance to get started with those employee conversations!
Collections have been curated to support the growth and development of OSU managers and supervisors! These are supplemental collections that are aligned with the Managerial Competency Framework.
Set up your LinkedIn Learning account
- View our Getting Started page for step-by step instructions!
- Visit our FAQ page for answers to your General, Technical, and Learning Content questions.