Safety and Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation

Employees who are injured or become ill due to work-related reasons are insured by the state workers' compensation plan.  For approved claims, the State Accident Insurance Fund (SAIF) provides coverage for medical expenses and time lost from work beyond three days.

Report all incidents to your Manager/Supervisor before the end of your shift.  If you seek medical attention, you will need to complete the worker section of the SAIF 801 form and submit it to your manager/supervisor.  You MUST obtain a medical release from your physician after every treatment for an on-the-job injury.  For Additional information visit the OSU Workers’ Compensation Resources website.