You have several options available to you upon leaving OSU employment or retiring from OSU. Take time to review the coverage options to ensure the coverage you select is right for you and your family.
If you have any questions about a health insurance plan listed, please contact that particular health insurance provider.
Public Employees’ Benefit Board (PEBB)
- PEBB offers two options for continuing PEBB health insurance coverage on a self-pay basis. Continuation coverage is for all eligible family members. Both options are administered by BenefitHelp Solutions (BHS), PEBB’s third party administrator.
PERS Health Insurance Plans (Medicare & non-Medicare)
National Health Insurance Marketplace (Other States)
- Individual insurance plans are available through most health insurance carriers. These policies are issued directly to an individual and premiums are age rated. Applicants will need to complete a health history statement and may be denied coverage due to pre-existing medical conditions.
- Optional Employee Life Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Medicare & Medicare Plans
State of Oregon Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA) - Medicare starts at age 65
- Provides free assistance with Medicare & Medicare Supplemental Plans.