Please find listed below health and wellness resources available to eligible OSU faculty, staff and students.
- Monthly newsletter
- PEBB Health Engagement Model (HEM)
- Better Choices, Better Health
- Weight Watchers
- Healthy Team Healthy U
Weight Watchers At Work
- Contact: OSU meeting leader is Kimberley Halchishick at her email.
- April 2023 Newsletter
- WW Mystery Box Promotion
- New! Personal Points Program
- Hello Success Kit
- Invite a Friend!
- Anyone enrolled in a PEBB medical plan age 18 or older is eligible to participate in WW offerings. Dependents ages 10-17 who are enrolled in a PEBB medical plan are eligible to participate in Kurbo by WW
- When signing up, use Access ID: 15066304 (formerly Employer ID)
- Once prompted for your Health Plan ID, follow the instructions depending on your health plan:
- Kaiser Permanente Members: Kaiser Permanente Health Record Number (found on your ID Card)
- Moda Health Members: 9 character ID Number and the 2 digit suffix by your name (found on ID card)
- Providence Health Plan Members: Providence Health Plan 11 Digit ID Number (found on your ID Card).
- Questions? Call 1-866-454-2144
- (Monday-Friday 6:00am-6:00 pm PT; Saturday 6:00am-2:00pm PT)
WW has launched new private virtual workshops for PEBB members. Get ready to see some familiar faces and join together for a weekly workshop guided by a WW Coach. Move closer to your weight-loss and wellness goals in this fun, supportive, private and live Virtual Workshop. Current WW Members can view the Workshop schedule by joining PEBB’s Connect Group here.
- Not a Member? Learn more about our partnership with WW by visiting PEBB.WW.com
Tobacco Cessation Support
PEBB-eligible employees can receive support through several programs. Learn more.
- Members in PEBB Statewide, Providence Choice, or Moda plans can call Quit for Life at 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (1-866-784-8454). There is also a chat feature.
- Members in a Kaiser Permanente plan can call the "Talk With a Health Coach" service at 1-503-286-6816 or 1-866-301-3866 (toll free) and select option 2.
PEBB benefits provide comprehensive support to quit through no-cost access to:
- Consultations with a trained quit coach who knows how tough it can be to quit and ways to help individuals stay or get back on track
- Materials to help individuals plan and stick to a personalized quit program
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Coverage of certain prescribed medications to help in the process of quitting
PacificSource, the health plan provider for graduate students, fellows and post-doctoral scholars provides assistance through Quit for Life here.
Student Health Services (SHS) also offers support to students, faculty and staff through the SHS TOBACCO CESSATION PROGRAM. The program includes:
- Free nicotine gum or patches.
- Visits with a Tobacco Cessation Coach to discuss:
- NRT options and dosage
- Quit date preparation
- Post-quit date strategies
- And more!
Services are confidential and free to Oregon State students. Faculty and staff services are $20 for initial visit, $10 for additional visits. If individuals are not ready to meet with a health educator, the Wellness department at SHS has a variety of brochures and educational materials available for students, faculty and staff to assist with tobacco cessation.