Molly's daughter has serious food allergies requiring frequent doctor visits and periodically requires Molly to stay home with her.
After requesting family medical leave using EmpCenter and providing the required medical certification, Molly learns from OHR that her daughter's allergies qualify as a serious health condition and she is entitled to use FMLA and OFLA (See questions 6, 15, and 21 - 25). Molly will need to inform her supervisor that she is taking FMLA/OFLA leave when she needs to take time off for this reason and record her FMLA/OFLA leave on her her monthly time sheet. Molly may use her accrued paid leave during her time off for this reason.
- 6. How do I know if I have a serious health condition or a family member has a serious health condition?
- 15. Can I take intermittent or reduced hour leave for a serious health condition?
- 21. How do I request family and medical leave?
- 22. Do I have to specifically request family and medical leave to receive job protection for my time off?
- 23. Who is responsible for designating the leave as family and medical leave qualifying?
- 24. Do I have to provide a medical certification for my or my family member's
- 25. Is the information included in my medical certification confidential?